Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tech Tip Tuesday: Audio Shortcuts

Okay, Final Cut Pro users, it's time for another Tech Tip Tuesday for ya!

Audio equalizing is one of the very last steps of finishing up any editing project. Unfortunately, it's time consuming and a total pain in the neck! That's why the day I learned about this tech tip–keyboard shortcuts for quickly lowering and raising audio levels–I thanked my lucky stars.

So without further ado, allow me to introduce you to your new best friends:


ctrl and -                  lowers your clip's audio by one decibel
ctrl and + (aka = )     raises your clip's audio by one decibel
ctrl and [                  lowers your clip's audio by three decibels
ctrl and ]                  raises your clip's audio by three decibels


I know it doesn't seem like much, but I guarantee you that if you try out these keyboard shortcuts the next time you have that tedious audio equalization task ahead of you it will not only save you tons of time, but tons of hair pulling as well. Enjoy!

No comments: