Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Tech Tip Tuesday: Computer Backups

Hello RG friends & followers! For today's Tech Tip Tuesday I made my first ever vlog (video blog), inspired by friend of Reel Grrls and feminist vlogger Anita Sarkeesian of Feminist Frequency! I'll let the vlog, about backing up your computer (the why & the how), starring me and Carrie Bradshaw of Sex & the City, speak for itself:



And as promised, here is a brief list of backup programs I have heard good things about. Be warned: I have not tried all of these personally, and I encourage you to do some research for yourself to decide which is the best option for you. Please also leave comments on this blog post if you have other suggestions or want to weigh in on which is the best backup program in your opinion.

PC users
• MiMedia
• SOS Online Backup
• Norton Online Backup
• Acronis True Image

Mac users
• SuperDuper
• Time Machine
• Dropbox
• ZumoDrive

That's it for today. See ya next time!

No comments: